Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Covert cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Carphunter
#338188 noticing lots of washed out pics in transition times. not complete whiteout...but to the point of being useless for spotting deer in the pics.
has anyone noticed if these cams degrade in that type of performance over time?

i know it used to be sort of firmware dependent...but i thought we were past that.
By Jake
#338189 I don't know much on the code blacks as I don't have one but heard the website has firmware updates and/or you can send in your 2014 and a small amount of $ (dont quote me, email them and ask) and get a 2015.
By Carphunter
#338190 problem for me is that i don't know that the data cams would work in my nec k of the woods
By Mjn1979
#338196 One of my 2015 code blacks would give me washed out pics during transition, but it was because I had it facing towards the sun in heavy canopy. Moved cam to a different tree and all is well now.
By rebbie
Carphunter wrote:noticing lots of washed out pics in transition times. not complete whiteout...but to the point of being useless for spotting deer in the pics.
has anyone noticed if these cams degrade in that type of performance over time?

i know it used to be sort of firmware dependent...but i thought we were past that.

I did the firmware update and it did not stop the whiteout photos. I know exactly what you mean! It was so annoying! I contacted Covert and told them about the problem and I don't think they had a fix for it because they offered just to upgrade me to a 2016 Code Black so I jumped on it.
By rebbie
picdic wrote:wait what??
they will take the cam for the new model?

I had to pay a $50 upgrade fee. Covert’s Customer Service is great!