Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By reaperman
#354705 Now that I changed batteries on my HD pro, the good news is I have night photos again. The bad news is I forgot what the night photos actually look like :( I like the camera and its functions, but night photos need some serious work. All three photos are of the same deer within minutes of each other.

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG
By SPROULMAN
#354772 Mine are even worst!
What settings are you using?
I am on mp 4 do too grainy still pics on higher mp settings and long range flash!
Deer legs are blurry and heads lifting and bear walking are blurry!
On still pics at 30 - 45 ft!!
They sent me new camera and still bad!!

Going to try 12 mp with long range ir setting to see if motion blur gets better!!
Then down to 8 mp ,18 mp is too Grainy!!!
By reaperman
#354774 My settings are the same as yours. I do like the camera and the features, but the picture quality needs work. For me they are adequate since I erase most of them anyway. But some photos I like to keep so weeding thru them to find a decent one is sometimes a chore.
By SPROULMAN
#355418 Well it has been month or so testing at night and Fast Motion with mp 4 is working real good!
No more blurry legs or heads while walking.

Going to move it up to 8 mp just too see what happens but 4 mp is nice !
Funny Browning support does not know this and just sends you new camera?
Everything is real nice great daytime pics and real good night!
By reaperman
SPROULMAN wrote:Well it has been month or so testing at night and Fast Motion with mp 4 is working real good!

These two blurry photos are from yesterday. Someone may think the deer was walking fast by looking at the photo, but that's not the case. I watched this deer come strait towards me from my deer stand. The deer was walking slowly, heading strait towards me. At this point it was within 15 yards and closing the distance with each step. I knew he would see me if I drew my bow and I was right but I had to try. The hunt didn't end the way I wanted it to but I was at least hoping for a good photo. PS. The buck is way nicer than the photos give him credit for.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG
By Anthony
#355423 I would say the issue is primarily low light even though it had switched to color. Can we compare to mid day sun photos ?
By FredG
#355428 Brownings tend to transition to color a little too early in the morning and hold on to color a little too late in the evening which results in a few pictures being ruined by excessive motion blur or graininess. In the case of your pictures above the light was so dim that the camera had to shoot at 1/15th second shutter speed which is way too low to freeze even the slightest motion. To help cure this problem I've taped two thicknesses of 20 VLT window tint over the light sensor to keep the camera in night mode a little longer in the morning and force night mode a little earlier in the evening, both of which are preferable to a color picture riddled with motion blur. YMMV on how much tinting is enough.
By picdic
#355430 I think my strikeforce might do that as well. stay in daylight longer than one would expect. I had one video on it (from the latest captures when I just went and checked it) where a hunter came walking down from above. there's no way he should not have seen it, I would think anyway. even if he didn't actually notice it on the tree, it's right on the edge treeline at the top, backside of a cutblock, he should have seen the red-glow lights illuminate. it was after 6PM, and here, that's getting pretty low-light by then. so that showed me that the cam definitely hadn't switched to night mode yet.
also shows that my cam, even though I think it's pretty noticeable in this spot, is still pretty well-blended in. i'm pretty observant of my surroundings though, and not all people are, as I have learned from a friend who I take out hunting. and, this hunter who passed before my cam, even though he's practically facing it almost, he was distracted by a deer that he had just jumped, and it had skedaddled down the hill. as he comes into the frame, he looks like elmer fudd, gun at the ready as he's scurrying down the hillside, searching for the deer that is escaping him. so, he was concentrating on something else as he passed by, and wasn't just walking along.
but reading this, about the brownings staying in daytime(colour) mode a little longer than one would expect, definitely seems accurate. that is exactly what I was assuming from this recent video on mine.
By SPROULMAN
reaperman wrote:
SPROULMAN wrote:Well it has been month or so testing at night and Fast Motion with mp 4 is working real good!

These two blurry photos are from yesterday. Someone may think the deer was walking fast by looking at the photo, but that's not the case. I watched this deer come strait towards me from my deer stand. The deer was walking slowly, heading strait towards me. At this point it was within 15 yards and closing the distance with each step. I knew he would see me if I drew my bow and I was right but I had to try. The hunt didn't end the way I wanted it to but I was at least hoping for a good photo. PS. The buck is way nicer than the photos give him credit for.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Do as I said go to fast motion setting and mp 4 !!
My daylight photos were always great on any setting!
You can see its getting dark in your photos !!
I an very happy no more blurr on legs or head !