Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
By Walnutdale22
#355049 We have a Spartan Go Cam and it has been very reliable. In the market for another cell cam for our organization. Any opinions on the Spypoint link dark (Verizon) vs the Spartan.
By Anthony
#355092 Why don't you read about the new Ridgetec Lookout ?

https://www.chasingame.com/shop/ridgete ... ng-camera/

I can answer any of your questions.
By johnnydeerhunter
Walnutdale22 wrote:We have a Spartan Go Cam and it has been very reliable. In the market for another cell cam for our organization. Any opinions on the Spypoint link dark (Verizon) vs the Spartan.

Which Verizon model Spartan do you have?
By johnnydeerhunter
Walnutdale22 wrote:Spartan HCO blackout GC-VCTB-KT(S168)

If you're happy with that you'll love the new 4g. It sends videos and all the pictures in a burst if you want.
By badjedi
#355217 I've never used the Spartan cameras, but I do have the Spypoint Dark-Link and I really like it alot. I've had it for 2 months and has taken over 1400 pictures while the Lithium batteries are still at 100%. The pictures are pretty good and the flash is really bright.
MI 018 (626).JPG

MI 018 (636).JPG
By LibbyLA
badjedi wrote:I've never used the Spartan cameras, but I do have the Spypoint Dark-Link and I really like it alot. I've had it for 2 months and has taken over 1400 pictures while the Lithium batteries are still at 100%. The pictures are pretty good and the flash is really bright.

Lithium batteries will show 100% until they die. Their power doesn't work like a gas tank. They have high voltage until they don't. You can't use the battery indicator to mean much of anything with lithiums.
By johnnydeerhunter
badjedi wrote:I've never used the Spartan cameras, but I do have the Spypoint Dark-Link and I really like it alot. I've had it for 2 months and has taken over 1400 pictures while the Lithium batteries are still at 100%. The pictures are pretty good and the flash is really bright.

Are those pictures that you posted the transmitted pictures?
By Anthony
#355243 On your Spypoint photos posted, in my opinion the flash is not metered and the animals that are close to the camera are whited out so a loss of detail. The day time photo color looks very unnatural to me. very strange looking.

Attached is an night example from my Ridgetec Lookout. Note that the deer still has good detail even though it is close to the camera.

I added a day photo showing the green grass and some browns for color comparisons.
By badjedi
johnnydeerhunter wrote:

Are those pictures that you posted the transmitted pictures?

No, those are 3mp pictures from the camera.
By badjedi
Anthony wrote:On your Spypoint photos posted, in my opinion the flash is not metered and the animals that are close to the camera are whited out so a loss of detail. The day time photo color looks very unnatural to me. very strange looking.

Yes, on that picture it is not metered because I didn't not have the flash on the setting that allows for that and spypoint has some weird green hue color setting on their pictures which can be corrected in a photo editing program. As you can see from the picture below, when the camera is on the proper flash setting, it doesn't wash the deer out.
PICT0526.JPG