Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to home brewed camera designs
By johnnydeerhunter
#354488 It's the same. Did you pull the common from the shutter assembly or the battery negative contact? I usually use the battery negative contact.
By DTHEDE
#355916 Is there anyone that works on these? Hacked another p41 and the hack on the p41 works, but when hooked up to the ssii board it doesn't take pictures. Possibly a bad board??
By johnnydeerhunter
#355933 Does the walktest light work on the SSII when you turn it on? Try connecting everything to the SSII and let it go through walktest if it's working, then turn the camera on by pressing the button on the camera and try and trigger the unit with motion, see if it will take a picture or what happens. Remember that if the red led light is still blinking the camera is still in walktest mode.
By DTHEDE
#355939 The walk test light works. Then with no motion for 30 sec flashes fast for a couple of seconds. If I turn the camera on first it will take pictures until the camera cycles off, the nothing. Tried 3 new batteries in the board. all test 3.68v. Per the internet videos I checked the hack-shorting p-c=camera on, c-s= picture, p-c=camera off.
By johnnydeerhunter
#355941 Does the board turn the camera off or does the camera eventually turn itself off?
By DTHEDE
#355944 I think the camera just times out and shuts itself off. This unit worked for a long time with a different P41 camera, then stopped taking pictures. The previous camera stopped turning on in the unit and would not turn on by itself. Therefore I replaced the camera.
By johnnydeerhunter
#355955 Have you tried using a paperclip or tweezer and jumping the screw heads where you connect the wires on the SSII to see if the camera turns on and off and takes a picture?
By DTHEDE
#355956 Thanks for the help. Should have found the problem myself. The really small power wire was broken at the small flat connector that connects the camera to the board. Works great now. It has been my bad fall for homebrew failures. I also have a sony s600 that quit working. It keeps saying "turn the power off and on again" I think the lens is stuck. It doesn't cycle in and out. Is that possible. tried 2 different memory cards. Thanks again for the troubleshooting ideas.
By johnnydeerhunter
#355958 Is the S600 fast hacked? Is the lens stuck in or out.
By DTHEDE
#355959 It is stuck out. The reason I couldn't find the bad wire on the p41 was because it was broken inside the insulation.
By johnnydeerhunter
#355961 Is the camera fast hacked? What control board?
By DTHEDE
#355962 Not sure about fast hacked. Not sure what that means. Bought from someone on one of these sites years ago. It has a "turbo Tomahawk board. I think the lens door has been removed.
By DTHEDE
#355963 Never mind. I forgot that I had to put the little jumper plug into the connector to program the camera. When I put that in the camera works. Will have to try it with the control board to see if it works. It was built by JTSWildlife. I think it is working. Thanks again.
By johnnydeerhunter
#355964 If you need the jumper to program the settings then it's most likely fast hacked. That means the lens wires have been disabled and when the board is on the cameras lens should stay out.