Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By mikeinkaty
Supposed to be out in April 2019. Any thoughts?

Wonder if the LED’s are bright enough? External power port? It does come with a half wave antenna good for weak signal areas. Internal battery life?

My Spartan is still going. Over 2 years now of basically unattended operation. I did change out the internal batteries last month (for the first time) because of some corrosion at the contacts. I use a solar panel and 2 Sonic brand external 6v batteries.

Mike
PS - back in November I had to get a pacemaker. Doc said my heart was in excellent shape. But the signal to the bottom chamber needed a boost. I walked into the emergency room with a heart rate of 30 bpm.
By Anthony
I am wondering if Spypoint micro, marketed as "4G", is actually a 3G camera.

4G does not mean LTE

Reading all the documentation, there is no mention of LTE.

A 3G cellular module using HSPA+ is documented as "4G" which adds to the confusion.

Both AT&T and Verizon have announced sunset dates for 3G connections.

your thoughts?
By Woody S
"back in November I had to get a pacemaker. Doc said my heart was in excellent shape. But the signal to the bottom chamber needed a boost. I walked into the emergency room with a heart rate of 30 bpm."

With that low a heartrate it's a wonder you could walk at all. I've had an implanted defibrillator/pacemaker for 11 years (had the unit replaced two years ago because the battery was low -- once it's below 15% you get a new unit) which is set to pace my heart if the rate drops below 40 bpm; in all that time I've only felt it pace me once although it paces about 5% of the time. They probably told you to stay away from magnets -- they're not fooling about that.
By Gforce
4g LTE is VERIZON 4g, sounds like it is a 4g At&t Cam.

Rep probably didn't know what you were even talking about much less what 4g LTE was! :lol:
By mikeinkaty
12/31/2021? Dang, that’s 3 years away!

The front nurse in the ER kinda freaked out when she realized what my heart rate was. She turned around, walked thru the double doors, and came back with 4 people. The Cardio guy said I needed a pacemaker “NOW”. 😄 Two hours later I had one.

Not seeing much with my Spartan. An occasional deer. Hogs have gone to the Bahama’s I think. Did see some Sitka deer (escapees from local game farm). A Bobcat once. No bears, but my neighbor did see one in his cam.

The Spartan is up in Oklahoma, 500 miles away. It has not yet seen snow this winter. This is the 5th winter in a row of no snow there. Snow all around; just not at my place.

I will be putting out Purple Martin houses up there next time I’m up there. Putting up new ones here this year. Gotta get them up soon. Expecting First Arrivals around mid Feb.
By Darryle
This has been a frustrating camera for me. I have good cell service at the farm, always shows 3-4 bars in the app.

3 weeks and I have had numerous issues, was issued a replacement and it is a complete failure.

Camera #1
#1 Not receiving pictures in the app
#2 Sporadically recognizing the external battery pack, requires battery pack to be installed to even use the external pack
#3 Over saturation/washout of images, followed by images to dark to see any critters

Camera #2
Will not connect to the network, so I have no idea what firmware is installed, It will run off the external battery pack without the internal battery pack installed, but that is the only improvement over the first camera.
By Anthony
Let me know if you would like to compare to a Ridgetec Lookout. I can send you a demo camera to play with for a while.
Darryle wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:42 pm This has been a frustrating camera for me. I have good cell service at the farm, always shows 3-4 bars in the app.

3 weeks and I have had numerous issues, was issued a replacement and it is a complete failure.

Camera #1
#1 Not receiving pictures in the app
#2 Sporadically recognizing the external battery pack, requires battery pack to be installed to even use the external pack
#3 Over saturation/washout of images, followed by images to dark to see any critters

Camera #2
Will not connect to the network, so I have no idea what firmware is installed, It will run off the external battery pack without the internal battery pack installed, but that is the only improvement over the first camera.

If you can get it to work without internal batteri[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]

Bucks in the creek

Thanks, it's the original DS4k.

Yuge on my phone but it worked. Very cool shot! Ed[…]