Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
By Mauri740
My Moultrie White Flash D80 has never worked, just issues with this cam. I love color nighttime pics and I would like to buy a new one that makes good pics. I'm looking for two aspects: excellent image quality and not just having only cam problems. Does anyone have advice on what to buy?
By WoodsWatcher
I've had good luck/results with my Cuddebacks, even my old Capture still works great. Hate that they don't do color video though, like a Stealth I got a number of years ago, which they no longer make.

Have the Cabela's/Boly one but not crazy about the quality of the pictures. Quite a lot of blurry one- videos are actually better. Hoping they have another firmware update soon.

Come across some other cams but I don't know much about them. I think it's insane the other well-known companies like Browning and Moultrie and even Stealthcam now, don't make white flash/led cams.
By Mauri740
No other Moultrie for me ... this cam took only a couple of pictures! Now my White Flash D80 can only be used for paperweights, I'm very disappointed with Moultrie.
Covert Hollywood seems like a great product, it has a fair price, but I have to consider the additional international import fees. I will spend this money if the product will be reliable and will make great pics. Otherwise for me a Cuddeback or a used old D8d WIldgame!
By WoodsWatcher
WoodsWatcher wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:10 pm
csb wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:47 am Covert, Hollywood. Coming out this Spring.
https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com/s ... hollywood/
Looks good. Wish it did video at night though, but I can think of some locations where there's a lot of activity at night so may be a good spot for them. Videos would fill up the card and eat up the batteries too quick.
By SwissHunter
I own the boly 562-D and I’m pretty happy for the moment. Picture quality for me is good, the quality for nighttime video is not the best but I don’t now how is the average quality for color night video. You can also set the flash power to far or close. Battery life is very good, I have used lithium battery on mine and they are still running. The price was also really good, I bought mine during Black Friday for 72$ on AliExpress, now the price are a bit higher but it still a good deal. There are just a few “problem” with my camera, sometimes it takes picture at night without running the flash, so the pics are dark, and sometimes the temperature that shows is false but this are not a big issue. I will post some pictures and video when I have access to my computer.
By badjedi
If you want picture quality, then go with the strobe flash over the white LED flash cameras. I have the cuddeback color and it's been a solid camera. I've had it about 3 years and it takes great night photos. One thing that I really like about Cuddeback is that you can program the daytime separate from the nighttime photos, so for example, you can set the daytime to video mode and have the nighttime on photo.

Here are a few samples picture:
I__00007 (Small).JPG
I__00007 (Small).JPG (58.94 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
MI 010 (1) (Small).JPG
MI 010 (1) (Small).JPG (75.66 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
MI 010 (174) (Small).JPG
MI 010 (174) (Small).JPG (55.17 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
By badjedi
Mauri740 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 pm Is your Cuddeback 1279 model ?
Yes.
By FredG
badjedi wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm
Mauri740 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:10 pm Is your Cuddeback 1279 model ?
Yes.
I have several of that model Cuddeback and they have worked flawlessly for about 4 years now. I especially like the four range settings for the flash power... the closest of which (Indoors) allows close predator sets without overexposing the critters.
I__00030.JPG
I__00030.JPG (192.25 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
I__00006 (2).JPG
I__00006 (2).JPG (272.75 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
By talks2elk
Mauri740 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:38 am How much time the Cuddeback flash takes to recharge?
22 seconds to 35 seconds.
Another yote

Nothing prettier than a dead or soon to be dead yo[…]

The fake foliage would be really good in a suitabl[…]

New White Flash camera

I got the Cuddeback 1279 c1! It seems excellent […]

Its raining now and even though birds found the se[…]