Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all Ridgetec Outdoors and Ridgetec cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By reaperman
Has anyone else had the situation where the heartbeat notifications arent showing up on iphone/ipad? The camera is working properly and on the user page of the portal it shows the last heartbeat time which is always when it was suppose to be sent. Im trying to figure if its a iphone or ipad thing. What happened a few days ago was I wasnt getting photo notifications sent to my iphone when a photo was sent by the camera. When I log into the portal, the photos were there to view. But my ipad would get the photo notifications as it always did just not my iphone. But the ipad stopped getting heartbeat notifications a few days ago but would still get photo notifications. Both the iphone and ipad have always got the notifications at the same time.

So last night I deleted the app on my iphone and reinstalled it, I immediately started getting photo notifications once again. But still no heartbeat notifications are being received by my iphone or ipad. Again, on my user page, the "last heartbeat" time is always current.
By reaperman
For some reason under my devices there are two iphones listed and one ipad. I only have 1 iphone and a ipad. But one of the phones wasnt checked to notify so I checked it. Now I will wait and see what happens.
By reaperman
I started getting notifications once again on both apple devices after I checked the box in the portal. I'm not sure why they stopped in the first place. I sure it was a Apple thing. For some reason Apple devices like to mirror each other by default, which I find rather annoying. When I got a new ipad a few months ago after setting it up. Everything on my iphone was transferred to my ipad. How annoying, one of the reasons I got a new ipad was because I wanted a fresh device without all of the crap from my previous ipad and telephone.
By Anthony
reaperman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 pm For some reason under my devices there are two iphones listed and one ipad. I only have 1 iphone and a ipad. But one of the phones wasnt checked to notify so I checked it. Now I will wait and see what happens.
This was a result of you uninstalling and reinstalling. apple frowns on using a hardware serial as an identifier in your software so we have no choice but to use a "soft" identifier that persists for the life of the app. there is a delete button and you can remove the old copy.
By Anthony
reaperman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am I started getting notifications once again on both apple devices after I checked the box in the portal. I'm not sure why they stopped in the first place. I sure it was a Apple thing. For some reason Apple devices like to mirror each other by default, which I find rather annoying. When I got a new ipad a few months ago after setting it up. Everything on my iphone was transferred to my ipad. How annoying, one of the reasons I got a new ipad was because I wanted a fresh device without all of the crap from my previous ipad and telephone.
I have not heard of this before but I will keep an ear out for it. i have several android devices and after installing additional ones my notifications werent affected on current devices.
By Saskboy
I have never missed heartbeat due to the app, however I have had to delete the app twice now because of it not sending notifications all of a sudden no matter what it was set to. Reinstall and problem fixed.
By reaperman
Anthony wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 pm I believe I have determined that when a iOS software update comes in on your phone it may break the linkage there. I need to confirm that.
FWIW: I keep software updates from installing on my apple devices always. I figure if its already working, dont mess with it. If I do a update its because I choose to. Updates are one of my pet peeves with apple, they just dont seem to end.
What sound made this turkey gobble?

https://youtu.be/KFRpxSWie30

May - LARGE and small

Very nice. I spent some time reading some of your […]

Weird growth on deer

Those deer have a nice smooth looking coat. The o[…]

:lol: he gets an A for effort though.