Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By Ramshackle
Ah well, I was so impressed by these cameras and now they're leaking. You can see the moisture here:

Any tips on stopping this? The same thing happened to my older Covert Black 60 and I only managed to fix it by putting it under an umbrella-like plastic hood.

What about using silicone caulk on the seams, or is the water getting in through the lenses?
By Woody S
Steel security boxes make a big difference as far as preventing leaks. Since it looks like the leak is somewhere on top or upper side of the camera, you might try sealing along that seam with Goop, the marine version which is IR resistant. We homebrewers have used it for year to attach Fresnell lenses and lens glass on our builds. It stays flexible and lasts for years without coming lose -- use only a thin bead along the seam.
By Anthony
It could be leaking around the door seal. Water will get into that compartment, heat up and moisture works its way into the camera from sd card slot...

You can put some petroleum jelly on your finger and run it along the rubber seal and this can help.

A lock box or rain shield can help. If you block a lot of light then the light metering will be off.

You can make something using the bottom of a milk jug for example... ambient light still gets through but the camera is in the bottom of the jug essentially.

Carve the sides out so as to allow for side pir sensing. Adapt to your mounting. Looks bad but a lot cheaper than a lock box.

Or just cut yourself a piece of plexiglass and make a "holder" for it at a downward angle over the camera. Light gets in but most rain is shed. The milk jug style might provide better protection in blowing wind and rain.
Tech Support person Stephanie at Browning Trail Cameras took very good care of me. The problem is resolved.

It's good customer service that keeps loyal customers. I'll be sticking with this brand from now on.
Ramshackle wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 pm Tech Support person Stephanie at Browning Trail Cameras took very good care of me. The problem is resolved.
It's good customer service that keeps loyal customers. I'll be sticking with this brand from now on.
Good to know, I've always been suspect this design would be prone to leaking due to the ability of water running down the face of the camera and resting on top of the door. I've had water inside mine before, but not many times. My browning lives under a evergreen trees which I think helps shield it from rain.

Jay, I think I need a hunting invite .... :mrgreen[…]

Spartancamera thumb nails

thats great.

PA Bear and a buck

That's one thing we don't have I wish we did..just[…]

Boly new 4G Cellular Camera

I know that Boly SG562-D can take color photos a[…]