This is the place to share all the cool pictures & movies you get from your trail cameras. In other words, if it's not a picture or movie related to a camera problem, it goes here. If it is a picture or movie related to a camera problem, please post it in the appropriate manufacturer forum.
I have never seen this before. In this video the shadow even shifts but it does not scare the possum. Its like there is a giant spider on the LED array or something... I just don't get this one... something is there but what?

I don't think there is a tiny spider on the camera lens. Instead it looks like something blocking the LEDs.

ideas?

this is a video from earlier without the shadow for comparison:
If a big spider partially disrupting the rectangular LED flash array of the Ridgetech could possibly project it's shadow down range, then what kind of a funky light pattern must the Wildgame below throw down field straight out of the box? :mrgreen:

Each of the 54 individual LEDs of the Ridgetech illuminate the entire scene so blocking off some number of them merely reduces the overall flash intensity proportionally.
Attachments
DSC01972.jpg
DSC01972.jpg (141.28 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
It's no different than shadow puppets, something blocked a portion of IR light. Most likely the spider was quite a few inches off the camera as well. I did a test with a multi led flashlight similar to the led setup on the camera, an object right on the lense doesnt show up. Move that object close to foot away and it cast a shadow on the wall in the same fashion as the video. Everytime my lookout had a bug or spider in front its lense it lights it up white. Better get mythbusters on this Anthony lol.
Spartan cell cam

Wow, it’s been 6 months since last here! M[…]

Jay, I think I need a hunting invite .... :mrgreen[…]

Spartancamera thumb nails

thats great.

PA Bear and a buck

That's one thing we don't have I wish we did..just[…]