Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all Ridgetec Outdoors and Ridgetec cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Anthony
danno1400 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am I will try it first and if it still needs a boost I will try the sheet metal circle, I may even have an 8" sheet metal damper that would work. I will let you know on Monday how everything worked. Thanks Danno. :D
Danno,

How did the antenna work? Was the signal improved? Why don't you start a new topic and take some photos on the antenna and your set up...
By danno1400
Anthony the new antenna worked great, I went from one bar to four and it started sending me pictures immediately. Prior to this I didn't get pictures for a week. I didn't take any setup pictures but I will send some wildlife pictures. Thanks a million! :D :D :D
By Anthony
danno1400 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:03 pm Anthony the new antenna worked great, I went from one bar to four and it started sending me pictures immediately. Prior to this I didn't get pictures for a week. I didn't take any setup pictures but I will send some wildlife pictures. Thanks a million! :D :D :D
thats great... so your "frozen" camera turned out to be in a poor signal area. I am glad the antenna helped. I still want to see if you can make a ground plane for it. And post some pictures of the antenna nda set up. How high is it mounted ?
By Saskboy
What percent signal were you at prior to and what percent do you typically see now?
By danno1400
Anthony wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 pm
danno1400 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:03 pm Anthony the new antenna worked great, I went from one bar to four and it started sending me pictures immediately. Prior to this I didn't get pictures for a week. I didn't take any setup pictures but I will send some wildlife pictures. Thanks a million! :D :D :D
thats great... so your "frozen" camera turned out to be in a poor signal area. I am glad the antenna helped. I still want to see if you can make a ground plane for it. And post some pictures of the antenna nda set up. How high is it mounted ?
By danno1400
I only had a 6 foot ladder so I would say it is about 10-12 feet off the ground.
By danno1400
Saskboy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:46 pm What percent signal were you at prior to and what percent do you typically see now?
I am at 62.5% now, before it was around 20%.
By Anthony
danno1400 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:52 am
Saskboy wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:46 pm What percent signal were you at prior to and what percent do you typically see now?
I am at 62.5% now, before it was around 20%.
and it was 3G... now 4G LTE. this is also important.
By Saskboy
Going from 3g to 4g lte is huge, lightning fast transmissions. When I had my lookout in the city I think it was taking and sending photos in about a ten second turn around time. Also I want to clarify my lookout wasnt frozen, it wasnt communicating with the portal. Ridgetec in canada did a few things and it let loose 40 pictures from the days it wasnt talking.
Cold fox

unfortunately in a server move i lost all the old […]

Black Coyote

Cool coyote! 8)

Lens fog solution

Cool! 8) Thanx :D

I see Sam got one.... :mrgreen: Yep, he&rsq[…]