Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By rebbie
Hopefully they have that FW update ready soon.

I see on their website under support it has FW updates under that it has Covert-Wireless Test it has Cover Wireless Menu and under it has Covert-Wireless Test and has the different wireless cameras but says those site are protect put in your password. I wouldn't mind testing for them and help get things going.

I am patiently waiting for them to get things running right on the 2016 Code Black. Me while I continue to pay $9.99 a month for a camera that doesn't work right! :(
By johnnydeerhunter
I am patiently waiting for them to get things running right on the 2016 Code Black. Me while I continue to pay $9.99 a month for a camera that doesn't work right! :(

Since covert handles the data themselves I would think they could help you out with that.
By Mjn1979
All useful information guys and gals. Without this info, I probably would have updated my 2015s by now. My 2 codeblacks including the one I bought from LibbyLA continue to pound out the pics on a 25 dollar 3 month data plan. I trust my 2015s enough now that I s ty op using timelapse to get my 3 scheduled daily 8 hrs interval pics. Send success rate is really close to 100 amd battery life is excellent for a cell cam
By 27jr
Matt, From what I see in general, it seems like the upgraded 2015 are performing better than the 2016's.

Roscoe - I haven't even put the 2016 out for any testing since Rebbie was talking about issues and hopefully some FW upgrade coming out in a couple weeks.

That said my 2015 FW upgraded to 3.00.28.03B is sending pictures O.K., and since REMOTE CONTROL is eating up batteries, I've turned that mode to OFF. The one problem I did notice when utilizing the App is TIMERs will not allow you to change the time at least on Android and I even uninstalled the App and reloaded. I also had the nice young lady from Covert try and help me out. She locally changed the timers for me and set the delay 6 hrs. After 24 hrs. that didn't work as I guess the serve isn't pinging the camera and sending commands because I was receiving picture 0239 when covert set up the Timers 0439 - 0930.

So, I think I'll head to the field tomorrow and manually change them and hopefully with that it will save me even more battery life.
By 27jr
The nice young lady this evening stated there was a problem with the server as they were performing an upgrade. Unfortunately she said people would have t turn them off/on to reset their cameras. Still the new FW is about 2 if not 3 weeks away. I rather they try and get it right or close to 100 percent than severe problems.
By 27jr
Good point but if the connection was lost during the problem on the server there may not be a heart beat to reconnect the camera back to the server after the server error.

Working networks I have seen that before.
By rebbie
The nice young lady this evening stated there was a problem with the server as they were performing an upgrade. Unfortunately she said people would have t turn them off/on to reset their cameras. Still the new FW is about 2 if not 3 weeks away. I rather they try and get it right or close to 100 percent than severe problems.

Is this new Firmware going to solve all the problems???
By 27jr

Is this new Firmware going to solve all the problems???

Personally I don't think so nothing ever does.
By Jake
My code black has been working good. I honestly can't complain. I never had to turn it on and off. Going to try it here soon at a buddy's place where I am iffy about signal strength.

But I heard too the firmware update is in the works for improvement in battery life, something with the realtime in the app and night Pics. Dont quote me though.

I will update with any inside news I hear but i haven't been bugging her that much on It though.

Also a friend is setting up a Verizon BlackHawk here soon and I will get a play by play.
By 27jr
Keeping my fingers crossed.

What they need to invest in is another system for testing this way they don't knock customers off the operation system. I had passed that onto a very nice young lady. Maybe during one of the upgrades they an take care of the blur pictures. I sure hope they performed regret-ion testing so they didn't break something that was working. I perform testing for the Navy when I was active duty before retiring as IT/Radioman. Like they say have to crawl before you can walk.
By rebbie
My code black has been working good. I honestly can't complain. I never had to turn it on and off. Going to try it here soon at a buddy's place where I am iffy about signal strength.

But I heard too the firmware update is in the works for improvement in battery life, something with the realtime in the app and night Pics. Dont quote me though.

I will update with any inside news I hear but i haven't been bugging her that much on It though.

Also a friend is setting up a Verizon BlackHawk here soon and I will get a play by play.

Is your camera a 2016 Code Black that has been working good?
By 27jr
I don't understand their charges for real time. That is for 501 - 1000 is that pictures being increased per month from 9.99 which would make it 29.99 month, or is that with real time on constantly and changes made to camera settings, or per request for photo being taken. I don't know but IF so it's time to sell this new one and pick up SPARTAN.

"However, there will be slight billing changes once this firmware is installed if you want real-time control of the cameras. They cost is the same price that is extended to us by the carriers. Should you choose to not have real-time control of your camera (settings changes and real-time, on-demand pictures) then turn the real-time control off. You will not be charged anything extra. You will continue to receive pictures when the camera is triggered by heat or motion.

From To Cost

0 0 $ 0.00

1 10 $ 0.15 per block of 10

11 100 $ 1.50 per block of 100

101 200 $ 2.00 per block of 200

201 300 $ 3.00 per block of 300

301 500 $ 5.00 per block of 500

501 1000 $10.00 per block of 1000

1001 — $ 0.01 per individual SMS"
Spypoint LINK-micro

Yes inam wery disapointed. In log data say error […]

https://vimeo.com/374708646