Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By DoubleDropTine
I put this in the 2016 covert blog as well. Does anyone know if the my covert is sending first or second pic to my app? I'm missing some head shots. Covert service rep told me second pic on photo burst gets sent not the first . I always thought it was the first pic getting sent. I hate to miss put on multiple deer if only set to one pic, but on the other hand I want my picture sent to me to be right because I don't want to stink up my camera and area to check it if I don't have to.
By rebbie
I put this in the 2016 covert blog as well. Does anyone know if the my covert is sending first or second pic to my app? I'm missing some head shots. Covert service rep told me second pic on photo burst gets sent not the first . I always thought it was the first pic getting sent. I hate to miss put on multiple deer if only set to one pic, but on the other hand I want my picture sent to me to be right because I don't want to stink up my camera and area to check it if I don't have to.

I'm not really sure because I only have my camera set to take one photo for each event. If Covert told you the second I guess that's what it must be.
By 27jr
Rebbie - How's your 2017 Covert Black OPS been performing? The last time you stated it was working great since the last upgrade, better pictures and night light.
By 27jr
Rebbie - How's your 2017 Covert Black OPS been performing? The last time you stated it was working great since the last upgrade, better pictures and night light.
By rebbie

It has been working great! The flash is definitely improved but if the animal is to close the flash, it can white it out a little to much. I love the fact that I can request an HD photo if needed! I am using the rechargeable batteries now with an external battery. The battery life is awesome!
By 27jr
Rebbie thank you. Agree about flash as it happened to me once in while on 2014 & 2015. I had talked to Stevie at Covert and they may be coming out with a new wireless camera 2018.

Since I've been having cellular reception issues with my AT&T Spartan but my coverts work I'm looking at selling my Spartan to coworker and buying a 3rd covert. Plus I like being able to share a plan with all the coverts.
By 27jr
Rebbie do you know what the difference between covert 12.o and 12.1 models? Saw a site selling 12.o AT&T for 269 and Verizon 279.
By rebbie
Rebbie do you know what the difference between covert 12.o and 12.1 models? Saw a site selling 12.o AT&T for 269 and Verizon 279.

No I do not know the difference. I would just call Covert and ask them.
By 27jr
Talked to Stevie who stated the only difference is the 12.1 they added 20 more lights. So looks like I'll be selling the Spartan AT&T after the seasons since I can't get the reception like the Coverts.
By johnnydeerhunter
27jr, I know we have probably been over this but what firmware version is your Spartan camera running?
By LibbyLA
27jr,

If you can't get reception with the Spartan, why are you keeping it for the season? Seems like you'd sell it now and get something that has the reception you need for the upcoming season. What's the point of keeping a camera that's not working for you?

That's exactly what I did with my Covert 2015. It just wouldn't work at our camp so I sold it. The guy who got it had better signal and as far as I know, he's happy as a clam with it. I got another Spartan. Both of us came out ahead on the deal, win, win.
Doe grunting

Is she calling to this years fawns or saying "[…]

was that a grunt? or a bullfrog ? how far is that[…]

FYI, if you want to brighten up the night videos u[…]

Freshened scrape and moving on

You can see the ground in front of the tree is fre[…]