Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
By OutdoorBob
I see from the thread below that this has been discussed before. I run my cameras year around and run them in video mode and this really zaps my AA batteries. All of my cameras have the Browning External Battery packs. So to place the camera in the field it takes 16 batteries and with 8 cams in the woods, this gets expensive really fast. So I was hoping to just run them using a single 12v 10ah battery. They should pay for themselves in the first year as I can get two SLA 12v 10ah for $33. Now to my question, will I need to place any AA batteries in the camera itself for this to work? I'm thinking even dead batteries would work if this is necessary or will simply hooking up the SLA externally work? Also, can someone tell me the plug that I will need to plug the battery cable from the SLA into the bottom of the camera and where I might be able to purchase them? As always, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery without any AA’s at all. Never tried using ext on my browning. As far as plug size, I’m not sure. So far I have been able to find the proper sizes off various cabled accessories I had lying around. However, I have found cameras with smaller diameter holes are tougher to come by. Larger holes seem more common. If you can search out the proper size, eBay and amazon are your friends
Why not just use rechargable AAs with a solar panel? I've never used anything but 2400-2700 mah rechargable AAs in my Brownings (they never show more than 55-60 percent charge) and get about two months until they need a recharge -- that's just the eight batteries in the camera since I've never used externals or a solar panel. I'm still running several sets of rechargables that I bought in 2013. The Amazon Basics, Energizer and Imedions are best and all are supposedly made in the same factory in Japan.
Woody S wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:50 am Why not just use rechargable AAs with a solar panel? I've never used anything but 2400-2700 mah rechargable AAs in my Brownings (they never show more than 55-60 percent charge) and get about two months until they need a recharge -- that's just the eight batteries in the camera since I've never used externals or a solar panel. I'm still running several sets of rechargables that I bought in 2013. The Amazon Basics, Energizer and Imedions are best and all are supposedly made in the same factory in Japan.
That would probably work for me as well. The thing that would have me a little leery is that I do videos and these take much more energy. Add in that I hunt in a reclaimed pine plantation, might limit the amount of sun to charge. Thanks for your response though.
reaperman wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:29 pm I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery without any AA’s at all. Never tried using ext on my browning. As far as plug size, I’m not sure. So far I have been able to find the proper sizes off various cabled accessories I had lying around. However, I have found cameras with smaller diameter holes are tougher to come by. Larger holes seem more common. If you can search out the proper size, eBay and amazon are your friends
I ordered 5.5 2.1mm barrel plugs. I haven't received them yet, but I think that is the appropriate size. I'll post if those don't work.
Cold fox

unfortunately in a server move i lost all the old […]

Black Coyote

Cool coyote! 8)

Lens fog solution

Cool! 8) Thanx :D

I see Sam got one.... :mrgreen: Yep, he&rsq[…]