Use this forum for the discussion of all things related to the use of cellular trail cameras. The discussion of different models/manufacturers, service providers, problems, tips & hints for ease of use are all welcome here.
By fr0sty
I think this may be my first cell cam, but not much in the way of field reports yet. Anyone here use one?
By Anthony
If you are open to trying something new, please take a look at the Ridgetec Lookout Dual.

https://www.chasingame.com/shop/ridgete ... ng-camera/

I am the owner of the company and the designer of the camera and the software. We have real camera users here on Chasingame forum (not shill operators) and they will tell you the truth about the camera, software and service.
By fr0sty
Thanks, Anthony. I'll check them out.
By AquaDawg
Anthony wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm If you are open to trying something new, please take a look at the Ridgetec Lookout Dual.

I am the owner of the company and the designer of the camera and the software. We have real camera users here on Chasingame forum (not shill operators) and they will tell you the truth about the camera, software and service.
Anthony, I have some questions about this cam:
- Is 30 seconds the longest it will record video?
- Does it use standard size SD cards?
- What is the video FOV?
- The picture of the cam shows two antennas, but the lockbox picture shows one, and it's a different antenna. Can you elaborate?
- Is there room for the head of two lagbolts with washers, to go between the back of the cam, and the inside of the lockbox?
- The specs say .4 second trigger time for video, and a PIR detection range of 90 ft, is that correct?

-thanks
By Anthony
AquaDawg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:51 pm
Anthony wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm If you are open to trying something new, please take a look at the Ridgetec Lookout Dual.

Anthony, I have some questions about this cam:
- What is the video FOV?
- The picture of the cam shows two antennas, but the lockbox picture shows one, and it's a different antenna. Can you elaborate?
- Is there room for the head of two lagbolts with washers, to go between the back of the cam, and the inside of the lockbox?
- The specs say .4 second trigger time for video, and a PIR detection range of 90 ft, is that correct?

-thanks

Yes, online. Longer as a stand alone camera (non cellular). Keep in mind the files can get very large at 1080p. 30 seconds is already pushing it for an online camera but it does just fine.

Yes.

- What is the video FOV?

55 degrees

there are two models one with a single and antenna and one with two. the lockboxes made by camLockbox support one or two antennas or none.

Yes, this is standard Camlockbox design.

.3 to .4 trigger yes and I got 90 on a 99 degree day over an asphalt surface. My camera routinely triggers at 150+ feet easily. the PIR is amazing and it has 3 PIR sensitivity settings (low, med, high)
Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]

Yep, he's all business. I really like the microph[…]

Very Nice!