Bolymedia (Bolyguard/Scoutguard) Camera Discussion
By Seba
Have someone tested the new camera?
I cant found any reviews about it.

Tnx
By reaperman
We're always looking for a guinea pig. Pick one up and let us know your thoughts.
By April Lee
BG710-M is being released to strategic customers for testing only now. It should be shipping in Volume to early adopters from October and all others who need it from December.

It is basically a Lithium-ion battery upgrade of the BG584 into the housing of BG310-M. The maximum pic resolution is 24MP. A major upgrade over BG584 is the Motion Sharp feature that is now available in a model withou the Xenon flash. LIke BG310-M, BG710-M can be directly charged by a Solar Panel like SP-02, because the camera uses 18650 lithium battery inside.

On the communication side, BG710-M for North America uses a unified module, such that the same camera can work with any carrier network (Verizon, ATT, T-mobile). This gives users freedom. Now because of this feature, it takes a little longer testing in the US because too many networks are involved.

There will also be other upgraded models coming.
By Seba
I have now test this camera some weeks.. Battery life extreme good!
But trigger speed is not 0.7secound as says on specifications.. is more like 1.5secound
By reaperman
Seba wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm I have now test this camera some weeks.. Battery life extreme good!
But trigger speed is not 0.7secound as says on specifications.. is more like 1.5secound
How long have you had the camera to experience good battery life?
By Seba
Around one month+
Send 540 pictures batterys are 18650 2x and are now at 3.8V. I have set instant send pictures.
Camera is set to take picture and record 20sec video.
By April Lee
710 has a narrow detection angle, so trigger speed looks slower, but not actually. It's detection range is extended to 120ft,
so if the animal comes at a Long distance, trigger speed is fast enough.

The good thing with narrow detection angle is that animals are tyically in the center of the pictures.
By reaperman
Post some photos please. Their website doesn't offer any sample pictures, which is strange if they want to sell any cameras. The only place that comes up online to buy one is aliexpress. I dont want to knock at the camera, but what kind of support is a place like aliexpress going to offer?
By Seba
Maybi for long distance.. but at 8-10m if i pass the camera the picture is empty. The trigger speed is definetly not 0.7 secound real is 1.5 secound+
By Seba
I didnt mean megapixles sorry.
I mean meters.

Will be on my top buy if the camera will realy have 0.7 trigger speed.
By reaperman
April Lee wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:07 am For Boly cameras, all cameras have the best pic quality in the class.
A picture is worth a thousand words.
By April Lee
Early samples are 1.2 seconds. Final product will be 0.7 second.

For Long Range cameras, trigger speed is not that important. All that matters is how many pics it can take with 1 set battery.
So long battery life and Solar Charging capability is more important than sub second trigger speed.
By Seba
Early samples are 1.2 seconds. Final product will be 0.7 second.

What do you mean? Bg710 is not final product?
On my box of the camera is specification that camera has 0.7 secound trigger speed. I dont undarstand what you mean?

I dont know for others but trigger speed is wery important.
Dumbing Down America!

https://youtu.be/K1Y9qgF47yc?list=UUx6h-dWzJ5NpAlj[…]

Some where. Had the cameras up about 12 feet. Ha[…]

I notice that the audio of my Browning Recon For[…]

The verdict

https://youtu.be/-9U3XMN0alw